Friday, July 1, 2011

going home

Well our time here is finally comming to and end and I couldnt be happier! We finally got Elijah's visa 2 days ago and to my surprise it went pretty well. We were only in the US Embassy for about an hour. But im sure to Elijah it felt like a day.





Elijah has been adjusting very good. He has learned his new name already which was one of my biggest worries. ICBF did a great job of preparing him for his new family and his new name. So he no longer responds to his old name. It was as if he was born with the name Elijah. We still have some work to go with his speach but he is catching on. We found out today that he has an ear infection and it seemed to be a problem he has had for a long time which explains the reason for him not being able to speak yet. I couldnt be happier. its crazy how you can fall in love with a child in only a months time. Well that is all for now. The next post will be home!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy to here that you are home!!! I kept checking for updates. Give me a call when you get a chance, I'd love to hear how it all went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, an ear infection, sounds just like Alex. Get him to a good ENT right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! Elijah looks soo happy with daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carolina and Melinda I will for sure call you this week and tell you all the details it was a very crazy trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie: Contratulations!!!! I'm a CAC member, enyoyed so much to see the encuentro video. Your son is so cute! It rembered me our owns "encuentros" with our chils.
    It's so true, "a match made in heaven"!!
    Paula (mama de Sofia y Jose) www.paulaeivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete